Monday 26 May 2014

Landscapes

I wasn't going to bother with another post today, but why not?  This time, landscapes.  No particular theme, just photos of landscapes.

Love Is.
First up, a picture from the beer garden at the Crab & Lobster Inn at Bembridge on the Isle of Wight.  A bit of a heart warmer for all you romantics, as a couple rest up after being out on their bikes and take in the sea view.

Taken on a Sony X10i in 2010.  Sharpened.  Vignetted.

Sunny Stratford.

Next is probably one of the most photographed scenes in Warwickshire, but it is pretty.  This is the view from the pedestrian bridge over the river Avon in Stratford.

Taken on a Sony Xperia S, sharpened and vignetted.

I should think this bridge sees hundreds of thousands of visitors annually, and many of them stop to take a picture in this direction, often as a background to a family snap.  I dread to think how many of them I feature in, as I can't always stop before the shutter fires!

Gorgeous Gorge.
Off to France next, and this is a view of some French types enjoying the water running through the Verdon Gorge in the south of the country.

I think this was actually one of the challenge pictures when we were competing in Chronicle Rally's Mountain Madness adventure through Europe, but it's just a lovely picture and I had to share!  Taken with a Sony Xperia S, sharpened, vignetted.

Lovely Lavender.
Still in the south of France, there were loads of these lavender fields everywhere, but they're just so beautiful.  This was actually taken from a moving car, so I'm surprised it's so level and there's not much motion blur.  I guess that's a complement to the designers of the camera in the Sony Xperia S!  This is pretty much as it came out of the camera.

Biker Vista.
I must confess, I'm not entirely sure where this one was taken.  The rally was called Mountain Madness because we spent a lot of time in the Alps, traversing all the most amazing mountain passes, but that did mean doing a lot of border hopping between Italy & Switzerland.  This could have been either, but the vista is certainly bella either way.  No, I don't know whose the bikes are, I just thought it looked cool to have them in shot.  Again, this is pretty much as it came out of the camera.  I've just played with the colour balance/saturation.

English Countryside.
Heading back to Blighty, this is an image snapped on a camping trip to the Lake District.  In fact, this is actually on the campsite and is basically the view I woke up to each day.

Xperia S again.  Just given a little pop to bring out the colours.

Green Mountain Pass.
And finally, I'll leave you with another British sight.  This time, back in Wales.  Yes, I do spend a lot of time in Wales!  Why not, they've got awesome roads.  This is actually known as the Black Mountain Pass.  It's a mountain pass which goes through the Black Mountain National Park.  Imagine that.

This was another Chronicle Rally adventure.  The work takes me to the coolest places!  This was last year's Run to the Hills rally, and it was great fun.

Also snapped on Xperia S, sharpened & vignetted.  I'm nothing if not predictable!

The usual small print: please feel free to use any of these pictures as you see fit, but please include a link back to this blog and also credit Chronicle Rally for those I've mentioned were taken during a rally (those in France, the bikes and this one in Wales from this post) by including the URL http://www.chroniclerally.co.uk/.  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment